Hints of Winter

It has been cool and rainy here in Oregon since Sunday. Generally August is a very hot and dry month, so this is a bit of a surprise. It is great knitting and reading weather, and now that I've honed my skills in knitting and reading at the same time that is what I've been doing.

I've started a new felted tote, mostly because while I can indeed read and knit at the same time, I can only KNIT...not purl or do anything that requires anything other than straight knitting. So the felted tote is knit in the round, and I can read while I'm doing that. I got the pattern online at Hello Yarn , thanks to Christina C at KR. I had lots of lopi in my stash, so I'm doing this tote in light grey with trendsetter charm for the top, then red in the middle, then dark grey for the bottom. I will probably give this to my friend Eliz. for Christmas.

I've also made progress on the morning surf scarf, it is just about a foot long and the pattern is really pretty.

And I've also made progress on the weekend warrior. I love, love, love Paton's Bella yarn, although it will probably make me look like a football player. Oh well.I think it will end up being a sweater that fits with the comfort of a sweatshirt. I'm looking forward to that.

Oh..the reading. I read Monica Ferris' Crewel World. I had read all the other books in the series but never read this one, and it was in the library when I was there yesterday. So I started it yesterday and finished it today. I guessed the murderer the moment the charachter appeared in the book...but that was probably because I knew the character wasn't in any of the other books thus the person had to be guilty.

So that book is done. I'm thinking about starting on re-reading Jane Austen, although my collected works is going to be difficult to read while knitting. We'll see.

Comments

(hristinac said…
Hey !
Thanks for mentioning me !

I am famous !
CCx

Popular Posts