Knitting Goddess is frowning at me

Today I started--and abandoned--two projects.

The first was a scarf in a pretty pattern that I saw at KR that used three shades of blue. Well, I tried it using two shades of grey and a burgundy. It just looked sort of dorky...not pretty enough for me or for most of my female recipients but not masculine enough for my DH or brother. So after hand winding three hanks of Cascade 220, I gave that up.

Then, I decided to try something (a shawl maybe?) with this pretty variegated yarn I bought at the Black Sheep Gathering in June. Well...that yarn is a mix of wool and linen and I would guess mostly linen...anyway I spent three hours winding the hank into a ball and the last 100 yards or so is a complete knotted mess so I don't want to have anything to do with that one any more. Maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow. DH has offered to try to de=knot the last mess. We'll see how that goes.

I just stared at my stash this morning waiting for inspiration that did not come. Hmm. Maybe the knitting goddess is telling me to finish the darn black sweater and then start something new!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wonder if your knitting goddess is in the same pantheon as my guage gods?

Thanks for fixing it so I could post a comment!

Barbara

http://sermomknits.blog-city.com/

Popular Posts