4:00 AM Alarm

So, this morning at 4am DH and I awake to the most awful sound. Like someone was trying to break down the front door. But it was....in...the...house. While DH is searching for his weapon of choice (a piece of pipe he keeps under the bed, don't ask) I leap out of bed, nekkid as a jaybird, to search for the source of aforementioned most awful sound.

My fear was that one of the animals was having some type of stroke or seizure.

But it was nothing more than Louise, the rabbit, thumping. You know. Like Thumper in "Bambi". She was sitting in her cage, under her shelf, and just thumping away. In general, she thumps when 1. she wants attention or 2. she's pissed. Last night, tho', I think she was annoyed that her water bottle was off kilter. Or...she had a bad dream. Or she was as pissed off at the election results as the rest of the house.

I gave her a nice grooming this morning and she doesn't seem the worse for wear. DH and I, however, didn't go back to sleep. It has been a long day.

Comments

Kate said…
Hi Kim:

Your blog is so entertaining! My dog does the same thing, wakes me up at 4:00 a.m., even on Saturdays. She hasn't grasped the concept of sleeping in on the weekends.

knitdamsel
kitkatknit said…
Every cat I've ever owned in the past 30 years (usually 3 at a time) has woken up between 4 and 4:13 am. Doens't matter if it is standard time, daylight savings time or what time zone we are in. Kitty Kat Time Bomb Tummies say its time to eat.

Popular Posts