Lion T&Q Chenille Heretic

OK. I know many people disagree, but I'm just gonna say it: I love Lion Brand Chenille Thick and Quick.

Yes, it sheds all over the couch. Yes, frogging makes the yarn unusable. Yes, it is synthetic and will probably catch on fire some day.

But can I tell you, I'm seaming the shoulders of my chenille jacket, and it is like magic...the seams just disappear. The jacket is in a seed stitch, so i can't even do the 'woven method' from Nancie Wiseman's book, but it just doesn't seem to matter, the seams just disappear. Did I mention? They disappear.

Is it the bulkyness? The caterpillar appearance of the yarn? The fact that I still have a headache and am probably not seeing straight? Don't know, don't care. I'm just so excited about doing a seam that doesn't look like I have an epaulet (sp??) sitting on my shoulder.

Comments