New Orleans Scarf


IMG_2639
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
For whatever reason, I'm calling this the New Orleans scarf. It is made of this incredible yarn that RoseM sent me for the KR gift exchange: Fleece Artist Slubby and Rapunzel (a boucle). The yarn comes with a scarf pattern but I did one on my own: basically:

Cast on 17
Knit two rows with A
Knit two rows with B
Knit one row with A as follows: * knit one, wrap yarn twice around needle* end knit one.
Knit one row with A and drop wrapped yarns off.
Knit two rows with B
Knit two rows with A.
Knit one row with B as follows: * knit one, wrap yarn twice around needle* end knit one.
Knit one row with B and drop wrapped yarns off.

Repeat til scarf is about 6-7 feet long, end with two rows knit wtih A.

Why do I think of this as the New Orleans scarf? THe rich colors? The fun boucle texture? The shots of color mixed in with really deep dark colors, reminding me of Bourbon Street at night. The fact that this yarn feels sooooo good.

I whipped this scarf up in about four hours, and am salivating to make more things with this yarn.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Try http://www.fleeceartist.com/dyedyarns.html for your yarn.