Not much new!

The scarf is about 3/4 of the way done...I love Debbie Bliss alpaca silk and could knit with it all day, and the scarf just grows before my eyes. Pretty cool. I've done a bit of work on the other projects and have spent some time spinning, which is also going well. There just isn't anything of interest to show!

On Saturday, I went to a new yarn store in Eugene, it is called Dye Lots and it is quite amazing. It's open two days a week, it is run by someone named Janis, and it is like a jewelery store of yarn. The shop takes up two small rooms of an old house, and everything in it...almost...has been magically touched by Janis. There is hand-dyed (by janis) harrisville yarn, soy silk yarn, and harrisville roving. There are buckets of fleece...some of it hand dyed and some of it just au natural. There are lots of dyes (I can tell I'm going to go down that road soon) and lots of other tools. And great samples of some of Janis' amazing work: she's made scarves out of roving that she laid out on sheets and felted (I'm going to try this over spring break so I'll post pictures). Anyway...it was fun to try something new. I bought two colorways of roving and some hand dyed soy silk for a spring scarf. I'll have to put up some pics soon.

Comments

Popular Posts