Going Batt-y

So, I've been spinning a variety of roving.....feeling competent...being consistent....and decided to spread my spinning wings today by spinning some dyed batts that I bought at Dye Lots.

< Insert sound of squealing brakes here>.

I have no clue what I'm doing. I've watched by video (Basics and Beyond) over and over but just can't get it. I'm pretty sure I need to be spinning woolen but between the sort of hard to follow instructions, my own incompetence, and the frustration of the bat all I'm gettin gis the slubby yarn of all slubby yarns. I posted an SOS on KR to find another video that might make more sense.

< insert sound of exasperated screaming here>/

So. Back to my lovely merino-silk roving, my personal spinning affirmation.

Any hints or tips are welcome.

96 days left in the YNBA

Comments

Popular Posts