Rain, rain...

We are having a drenching Easter sunday here in the Willamette Valley, and so it is a good day for Tim and I to hang out, reconnect, and enjoy our little family.

First, the update on the YNBA: it is still going well, although I realized yesterday that I want to make an Afghan out of the 8-plus balls of coral colored Patons Bella that I have floating around the stash AND that I need a 'neutral' color to offset the brightness of the corinthian AND that Paton's Bella is discontinued...so I better keep my eyes out for a deal. Herschnerr's has two neutrals I would want at full price. I'll keep an eye on eBay to see if anyone wants to sell some cheaper....my YNBA didn't take discontinued yarn into effect. Drat.

Second, I spent some time watching 'spinning exotic fibers' yesterday and can sort of get the long draw to spin woolen. I have a mess of yarn spun woolen that might be suitable for, oh, an itchy cat basket but I can't think of what else to do with it. I guess I'll keep it for reference. Notice the yarn doesn't even get a picture here.

Third, I figured out a use for the pretty yarn I spun (below)...a moebius scarf from Cat Bordhi's Treasure of Magical Knitting. I'm actually quite excited about the moebius, which I'll start when I return from Houston (going this Thurs-Sat).

Fourth, I finished the back of the white capri cables and I like it a lot.

Enjoy your chocolate bunnies!

Comments

Kate said…
Gorgeous yarn...I like the Moebius scarf idea. The colors will look so nice with that half twist.