Cat Bordhi Rocks!

Not just because she taught me how to do socks without my head exploding...

Not just because she lives in one of the most beautiful places on earth...

Not jus because she likes Fleece Artist (and talks about it in her books).....

Not just because she sent me two unsolicited emails encouraging me about the moebius (sent to me after reading a post I wrote on KR)....

But *also* because she wrote two books of 'Treasuries of Magical Knitting" and you know what....it is magical!

So many people in the knitting community are generous, kind, and encouraging. Cat Bordhi though, she is something else. She rocks. What else can I say?

Started a moebius bowl...was going to do a moebius scarf with my pretty homespun but since the instructions made me nervous I thought I'd try a felted bowl. I did the moebius strip and then picked up stitches for the bottom. So cool. I really like the moebius and love so many of the patterns in the 'second treasury'. If you like felting, I'd advise you to pick up the second treasury if not both.

Pics tomorrow. Also finished the Never Ending Ruffles. Yay.

Comments

Jana said…
Hi Kim!
I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks to your post on Cat Bordhi, I looked into her books. "Socks Soar on Two Circulars" is EXACTLY what I need. I am missing out on so many cool projects because I am all thumbs when it comes to all those dpns!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Jana in Corvallis, OR
-btw-what is your favorite lys there in Eugene? I have only been to one...the Knit Shop, and love going there but am wondering if I am missing out on any other great places to buy yarn.
Kim in Oregon said…
Jana, let me know how you like the book!

There are three other places in Eugene. Soft Horizons is on 13th street and has a different group of yarns than Knit Shop (and fiber for spinning). Dye Lots is a new, little store that just has hand dyed yarn. It is only open on Wed and Sat. The third one is believe it or not Ben Franklins near Gateway in Springfield. The best selection of Cascade 220 in Eugene. Lots of novelty yarns, and a bit more 'relaxed' atmosphere than other yarn stores. Good sales too.

Popular Posts