Black Sheep Gathering! Yowza!


we are ohhh soooo beautiful
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I've spent about six or seven hours doing Black Sheep Gathering activities, and it has been a total fiber overload (in a good way). I started Friday with a solo shopping trip. Remember my shopping list? Nah, neither did I. First stop, these great rovings from Elemental Affects .


spin me spin me
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Two more stops and i scored this hand painted roving (on the left) from Ewe to You in Sutherlin, Oregon and this beautiful blue and raspberry angora/wool rovings from Windsor Farms Rabbitry in Silverton.


sock yarn a go go
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I did have sock yarn on my shopping list, so imagine my delight when The Bellwether had 20% off all their yarn including the yarn you see here. Yes. You heard right. Cherry Tree Hill onthe left for 20% off and Koigu KPPPM on the right for 20% off. I'm so psyched. So if these are discontinued colors that you can get for like a dollar on eBay DO NOT TELL ME.

I also bought some white Navajo-Churro Roving, some black Jacob/Romney Roving, and some brown Alpaca in a bat...no pictures of those though.

ooh buttons
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Today was my button making class, and we made four kinds of wet felted buttons. This pictures don't do them justice, they are so great looking! Going clockwise: red and blue toggle closure, 'agate' buttons, stick button, and silk/wool felted buttons. This was a great class, taught by Loyce from Chocolate Sheep Gallery in Carlton, Oregon.

After the class Tim and I checked out the animals, I bought some alpaca and some navajo-churro rovings, and some sock yarn that Tim picked out.

I haven't even told you about all the great animals I met. Their caretakers, too. The terrific shop people and my great felt teacher. I had a great time at this year's BSG.

And in fact, I have some finished objects to show you but I guess I'll save those for another day.

Comments