Fish and Fowl


three fishes
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I finished the third of the fish for the baby afghan-I'll make two more in the dark purple yarn and then possibly two more, then do a border around the whole thing. As you can see, the three fish don't fit on our coffee table so these are quite large. This is from Knitter's Magazine 51.


feather and fan sock
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
And in the fowl department: I finished the first of the feather and fan socks from "Socks Socks Socks", adapted to 1. be knit on two circs (easy to do with 4 16 stitch repeats) and 2. to have an 'eastern' heel rather than the flap heel that I usually do. I have never tried one of these heels before--you knit 32 stitches with a piece of waste yarn where the heel goes, then you do the whole foot, then you go back to the heel, take out the waste yarn and put the live stitches on two circs and finish it off like you finish off a toe. I like the look much better, and you don't have to pick up stitches. My guess is that the heel doesn't wear as well as other types of heel, but we'll see. The socks are made from Kroy Jacquard sock yarn in the 'hip hop' colorway.

Comments

Kate said…
I just love that fish afghan! What a cute idea!