Slow down

One thing a broken bone (or any illness, I guess) teaches you is the value of slowing down. As a pretty hyper, multi tasking person, I'm constantly trying to juggle two or three things at one time. And now, no juggling for me. The simplest things like emptying the dishwasher, taking a shower, fixing the dogs' dinners, all take much longer than before.

But please don't think I'm complaining, because I'm not. Taking things slow is good, good for my body and good for my mind. Instead of whirling quickly ahead to check something off my to do list, I can take pleasure in some of the simple things: the beauty of stacked crockery, the look of love in a dog's face, the therapeutic nature of hot water. I like this slower life...although I'm sure I'll like being able to be a whirling dervish again.

I've even started back on knitting...it surprises me how much I don't miss it, but I think knitting represents the 'healthy' multasking me and not the do one thing slowly and quietly me. I'm almost done with the cuff on the sock I started in CR for Tim...I'm so lucky he loves my socks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kim, you are a person of superior intelect and supreme good taste! Hope you feel better soon!

Lissa