Sock news


rockin's socks
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I finished Tim's socks with Socks that Rock. This is really the first pattern I 'invented' and here it is: Cast on 60 stitches and work in K2P2 rib except for the second 10 stitches on the first needle (I do socks on 2 circs). This ten stitches should be:

P3, 2/2LC, P3

And the left cross is: slip two stitches to cable needle, knit 2, knit 2 from cable needle.

The foot is worked in the pattern stitch on the top 30 and in stockinette on the bottom 30.

Anyway...they look good. Contrasting toe and heel in Kroy. If you want more directions let me know.


little toe
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I know this doesn't look like much, but I learned how to do a 'toe up' sock yesterday. I used the Cat's Turned Toe method from the amazing Cat Bordhi's book "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles". It took two tries to get it right which isn't bad at all. I know there are other ways to do a toe up sock (some people just cast on 8 stitches, purl a row, and then stick the other needle through the cast on stitches) but this really created a nice toe. And: NO KITCHENER. Bonus.

I've started a new book: Cloud Atlas by David Somebodyorother....sort of an odd book (understatement alert) but interesting. Five or six separate stories that all have a common thread. I'm only on the second chapter but I'm sort of intrigued by it.

Comments

Popular Posts