Thinking about New Orleans

The first time I went to New Orleans, I didn't like it. Hot, dirty, crowded, loud.

The second (and last) time I went to New Orleans, I loved it. It was hot, but people glorified in the heat. It really wasn't dirty, just a little tawdry in places, but tawdry with a wink. It was crowded, but crowded with happy people. It was loud, but loud with music, and laughter, and more music, and more laughter.

Now, I can't even imagine it ever coming back. The news from Hurricane Katrina just keeps getting worse and worse. I can't even imagine how awful it will get before the water recedes.

Please think about helping out in whatever way you can. We donated to The Red Cross, and The Human Society , others are donating to the Salvation Army and other worthwhile charities. If you have another thought on what we can do, please feel free to post in my comments. Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts