Back to School...for Real

Today is my official first day at school--class at 10. Even though this is my 12th year teaching, I still get very nervous the night before fall classes begin. What will I say? Will they like me (although I'm trying to get past that)? Will they think I'm a good teacher? Anyway...last night neither Tim nor I slept well. I hope today goes better.

I've read some good books lately. I went through most of the Sarah Vowell Oeuvre: I think I posted before about Assassination Vacation but I just read Pass the Canoli and The Party Cloudy Patriot. Good stuff although too much at one time (you know....three books by the same author and some of the same ideas start to float to the top). I also read The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd and it was absolutely transcendent. The novel encapsulated many things I'm going through in my life right now, so I definitely appreciated it.

I finished the first tiger sock (minus heel) and will wait to do the second sock on my travels to Reno this weekend (exec board meeting. In Reno. Lordy). I keep knitting on the vest but it doesn't seem to want to progress much.

Comments

Popular Posts