Spinning stuff


tibetan dreams
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Bad title, I know. Sorry. It is still early.

I have been spinning more lately, and enjoying it quite a bit. I purchased a bunch of fiber from Crown Mountain Farms This first bunch is in a colorway called "Tibetan Dreams" and was spun from Corriedale Pencil Roving (nice to spin). This will be part of the final gift for my KR Secret Pal. It sort of reminds me of peanut butter and jelly. In a good way.


merlot
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
This colorway is called 'merlot', and is a merino/tencel blend that feels absolutely wonderful. I spun this using my new high speed flyer, which makes a much thinner yarn. This feels great. I only purchased two ounces of fiber and this is half of it spun...a bit pricey but very pretty.


socks in progress
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
This is a horrible picture of the two socks on two circs. This is in Mountain Colors Bearfoot, my favorite sock yarn...and these are a joy to work on. The colors are beautiful and these socks are so cozy. Luckily I have enough yarn to make a pair (or four) for me too.

Other than that, a pretty mellow weekend.

Comments