Wind me Up!


somebody's got a ball winder
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Yep. I got me a ball winder and a swift. I can't begin to tell you how much easier these two things can make a knitter's life. I bought them both online...you can get the Royal ball winder from a number of sources, and I got a swift from a woodworker in Washington (will post his info when I find his card). It was very reasonably priced, which is kind of rare for a swift. Anyway...the two 'cakes' at the top are 800+ yards of Fleece Artist (wound in like three minutes) and the middle one is a skein of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb, one of three I'll use for my Clapotis.

I've had the 'what do I do' blues for a few days. I started on the Midwest Moonlight Scarf using the above Fleece Artist (blue leicestershire) which I like. I'm also working on square 11 which I'm totally messing up, and finishing up the toe up socks.
The new Knitty magazine has a couple great sweaters, includng the Blackberry, which I really like...I might use my stash of Handpainted Yarns from Mario to do that sweater (if I have enough) (which I don't know if I do).

Anyway.


fish for days
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Here are all the little fishes laid out in the hallway. I'll sew them together and then do some kind of decorative edging (I'd like to do a little cable but I'm thinking maybe a two color attached icord could be fun too). At the top of the fish is Jessie Cat who is unsure about all the fish in her hallway.

Comments

Popular Posts