Blackberry Knitalong and other fun

I've started a Knitalong for the Blackberry pattern from the new issue of Knitty! I've never hosted a KAL so I don't really know what I"m doing. However, if you want to join, please visit:

Blackberry Knitalong

and I'll send you an invitation and hook you up. Never fear, I'll post the progress here also.

I had a fun afternoon yesterday. Jen (mom of Evan) and I met up at Sweet Life Patisserie (oh how poorly that is spelled) to test wedding cakes. Jen's sister Lyn is getting married at the end of the month and Jen and Steve are bringing the cake (to the wedding at Multnomah Falls, about a 2 hour drive). (Shades of the Martha Stewart Apprentice show). We had fun chatting and sampling three cakes and six?seven? different kinds of filling and frosting. Having planned my own wedding long distance, I never had the opportunity to do a cake testing.

We also got to catch up and I got to hold Evan the whole time, who was a perfect baby for an hour and then grew very weary of his Auntie Kim. Oh well. Rejected by yet another man.

Comments

Popular Posts