Christmas Countdown!

I can't believe that Christmas is two months away.

I have to admit, I'm one of those people who like things all done and wrapped up and ready to go before Thanksgiving. Thank my mom for that. Plus, I hate standing in line to mail stuff and try to hit places when the lines are short. Since we have to mail at least four boxes out, you can sense my dilemma.

So how are we doing on Christmas gifts? We like to make a lot of our gifts, so between knitting and potting we pretty much cover all of our bases. We discussed the process last night. Tim has one or two things left to do (and I have to be intentionally vague here since certain friends and family read our blogs). I think I have all the things that go into my secret pal's and holiday gift elf's boxes but just have to put everything in there.

I also have to knit one more potholder and felt it (and I have another thing to felt, so it won't be too much of a problem) although it is hard to get excited over doing a garter stitch potholder. I must also finish off my mom's sweater (need to make buttons) and have a couple other fiber-related things for family to finish up. But I should be OK.

And Tim's handmade present is done, except for a few minor details.

Are we seeing a pattern here? I can get the major part of something done but then the actual 'termination' takes FOREVER. I have sweaters that are unseamed or missing closures, socks with ends that need weaving in, etc etc. I just can't finish things off. The start of the journey is more fun than the end. Can you argue with that?

Comments

Popular Posts