Knitting, Reading, etc

I'm too lazy to flickr picks of the first sweater sleeve for my Blackberry, but I've finished that. I'm still working on my Cat Bordhi cape collar, and the socks are slowly getting legs.

No news yet on Stella, I jump whenever the phone rings. Thank you, everyone who left a positive word about Stella in the comments section. She's waving her little paw at you!!

I've read some good (not great) books lately. I read "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. I didn't like it as well as I liked The Mermaid Chair...but I know others like SLoB much more than MC. Some of the themes were the same: relationships between children and parents, between people and their Gods, but MC just resonated with me more.

And for something completely different, I read "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella. Very light and frothy, nice for a rainy weekend. I started The Doomsday Book but it is a bit slow going as it almost feels like the first four chapters were missing from the book (does that make sense?).

So that's it for now. Work pulls me in a gazillion different directions. I did some spinning today and that really helps to calm me down. maybe I should tote my spindle around with me.

Comments

Sheryl said…
What are you spinning? I am still having trouble mastering a spindle. I can't seem to remember if I'm going clockwise or the other way. I end up unspinning what I just worked so hard to accomplish.
Kim in Oregon said…
Sheryl, I'm spinning some merino blend from Crown Mountain Fibers. I've been spinning for less than a year, and I never, ever really 'got' the spindle. I got a wheel a few weeks after I tried spinning and haven't picked up the spindle since!

Popular Posts