Deep breath


blackberried
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
It has been a crazybusy week, more so than normal, because of various visitors to the J school and our big 'event' of the year, a semi-formal dinner on Thursday night. Add a couple of bad nights' sleep because of the time change just to increase the craziness. It has been nice today to just kick back and watch the Ducks beat Cal and be warm and cozy while the weather outside is frightful.

I have finished the Blackberry, and it is a bit on the heavy side but I do like it quite a bit. I think I'll knit a closure (maybe do frogs or something, or perhaps I'll felt a button, the yarn I used would probably be incredibly feltable) but can't decide yet.

I've started on the home run toward Christmas gifts, with half a potholder done. I got it in my crazy head today to make knitted ornaments for package decorations, so have printed out a couple patterns from the Internet. The thought of small, quick projects is quite appealling, given that I've done a couple of fairly big projects lately.

Oh. And I'm on a yarn diet (yet again). My sister-in-law invited us down for Stitches West in February, and we plan to go. So that gives me three months to use up what I have. Yeah. Right.

Comments

Sheryl said…
It turned out beautiful. I am hoping to finish mine this week.

Popular Posts