Excuses?

My apologies for the lack of posts this week. It is back to school, and my schedule is a bit more hectic than usual (lots of academic 'service' stuff going on for the first 5 weeks or so of the term). My usual start-of-term anxiety has increased to the point where I haven't been sleeping well, so I look at it this way:

work+nosleep=nothing interesting to say

I have been knitting mostly on a sock for Tim made of Magic Stripes, and it is almost done. It is sort of amazing how going up from a needle size 1 to 2 can make the sock go by a lot faster.

I've done a bit of work on the 16th afghan square but that one will probably be the last one for a while, since I really can't concentrate well on those. I want to start knitting felted clogs (christmas 06 gifts?) and also want to do some cabled purses. Theme: small, manageable things.

I have been carrying a sock around in my purse and actually grabbed fifteen minutes yesterday, shut my door, and knit on the socks. It is Lorna's Laces i think...I've never knit wtih it...quite a bit of a different experience than Magic Stripes!!

Comments

Donna said…
Don't you just want to scream when someone tells you how much time teachers have off for vacation? I hope you have a great second semester.