Happy New Year!


baby grand hat
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
And nothing says happy new year like a new alpaca hat.

I finished this last night while we were watching "The Secret of Roan Innish" for our NYE entertainment. I made up the design myself, but it is basically a watch cap with a 2/2 LC down the center. I made it out of the baby grande alpaca (I know it's called something else, just can't remember) that I got for Christmas. Haven't blocked or pom-pommed but there it is.


one 'robin' sock
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
This week I also finished this sock...made from the yarn I received in the KR Sock Round Robin. It's a great green koigu kpppm, which I've never knit with (and I have some stashed...so I'll knit with it a lot. I think I like it better than Mountain Colors Bearfoot). Anyway, this sock is also my own pattern, a basic 2/2 rib except the knit rib is a 1/1LC. It looks pretty. I like it.


fish
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
And finally, square 14 of the Aran Aghan. I know it's hard to see, but this is the fish pattern. There's a fish right in the middle of the 'net' on the square. A cool square, and fun to knit.

Next I'm trying to knit a square from the CHART and not from the written instructions...my first time trying this, wish me luck!

May this be a great year for you all. It is starting out a bit rough for friends and family, and we hope it can get better and more hopeful soon.

Comments

Popular Posts