St. Distaff's Day!


IMG_3476
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
St. Distaff's Day; Or, the Morrow after Twelfth-day

Partly work and partly play
You must on St. Distaffs Day:
From the plough soon free your team;
Then cane home and fother them:
If the maids a-spinning go,
Burn the flax and fire the tow.
Bring in pails of water then,
Let the maids bewash the men.
Give St. Distaff' all the right:
Then bid Christmas sport good night,
And next morrow every one
To his own vocation.'


In honor of St. Distaff's day, I spun this wool/alpaca for the KR spinning exchange. I handled the alpaca better this time.


IMG_3478
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I finished these socks from the KR sock round robin, thanks Minh!


IMG_3477
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I also finished the 15th square of the Aran Afghan. More importantly, I think I finally got a good picture of one of the squares. I hate bobbins, but oh well. The tree motif is pretty. And...I did this OFF A CHART and DID NOT READ THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS! This is a big, big, big accomplishment for me.

Comments

Teyani said…
thank Aran afghan square is gorgeous!!! Wow!
chittavrtti said…
THe squatre is truly lovely. Isn't is such a wonderful feeling to read from a chart alone? And so much simpler.***CV
Leanne said…
Wow! The square is beautiful, good job Kim!

Popular Posts