Happy Knitaversary to Me!


bigsock
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Today, Super Bowl Sunday, is my Knitaversary. Two years ago, on Super Bowl Sunday, I sat down with a Lion Learn-to-Knit kit and made a godawful scarf out of denim blue lion acrylic. And look...two years later...I can do a sock! I never imagined I'd be able to do socks, and things in the round, and felt...knitting is a huge accomplishment in my life.

Now if I could just learn to sew seams.

This sock is for Tim...I bought some discontinued yarn at the Black Sheep Gathering (Cherry Tree Hill Super Sport) and I only have 250 yards, so I'm having lots of black to go with it.


These are very thick and cozy socks, which Tim loves, so I'll think of them forever as the Knitaversary socks.

I also started the Branching Out scarf with the Alpaca Brush I received for Christmas. I've done two pattern repeats and already have found a booboo, but I have no idea on how to drop stitches to fix lace. So, we'll call it a design element and move on.

Teyani tagged me for a meme, so here goes:

4 jobs you have had in your life
* College Professor
* Advertising Vice President
* Gift Wrapper at Marshall Fields
* Frozen Coke booth attendant at St. Louis Zoo

4 movies you could watch over and over
* Working Girl
* This is Spinal Tap
* When Harry Met Sally
* Best in Show

4 places you have lived
* Eugene, OR
* Oak Ridge, Tn
* Boston, MA
* Chicago, IL

4 TV shows you love to watch
* Project Runway
* Bleak House
* Apprentice
* Law and Order Duh DUM

4 places you've been on vacation
* Costa Rica
* San Juan Islands
* Germany
* London

4 websites you visit daily
* KR
* Yarn Harlot
* Blogging Project Runway
* Other sites I visit several times a week, but not daily

4 of my favorite foods
* Chocolate (dark)
* Mashed, french fried, hash brown potatoes
* Pizza from Mezza Luna
* Seafood

4 places you would rather be right now
* Anyplace warm
* Anyplace dry

4 bloggers that you are tagging
* Steve (www.hackstadt.com/blog)
* Jen (www.hackstadt.com/blog)
* Megan (Iriewoman.blogspot.com) (even though she's in Thailand. She'll be back)
* Hey YOU! Want to do this meme? Go ahead!

Comments