The Highlight of My Day

Things you don't want to hear when you sit down to have your hair cut:

"I feel awful, I was up all night"
"I just broke up with my boyfriend"
"I really don't know what I'm doing today"

Lucky me! I heard all three when I arrived yesterday at the Salon and Spa from Hell. I should have taken that as a sign to just walk away (as I've wanted to do for the past three months) but didn't. Ah.

I used to like the SaSfH. I had the wonderful Jessica doing my hair for two years, who was easy to book and fun to be around. She just GOT my hair. But then she got pregnant and decided to retire (good for you Jessica!) and turned me over to the angst-ridden Micah. The first time she cut my hair I looked like the Chris Guest charachter in Spinal Tap. The second time I sort of micro-managed the whole process and it looked ok. In addition to this, the SaSfH has a habit of scheduling appointments and then 'losing' them. A bit unprofessional and frustrating.

Yesterday was the test: haircut and highlights, and if I didn't like them I had already decided to try another place.

So, I asked for subtle blonde highlights (and she had notes from Jessica on what had been used in the past). And a half inch off. At this writing (before I've messed with it), I had sort of big blonde short texas hair...like my name should be Dolly or Lou and I should be wearing a pink waitress outfit with dangling earrings and long nails.

Not that I'm stereotyping or anything.

Maybe I'll feel better after I shower. Maybe not. Pretty sure I'm going to find someone else to cut my hair.

Anyway. Got a few more repeats done on Branching out and finished a sock for Tim. Picks soon.

Comments

Bonnie said…
A bad salon experience can be soooo traumatic. I have curly hair and some of the mistakes I've suffered have been horrible. Best of luck!

I read this post with extra interest since my MIL owns a salon in Eugene.
chittavrtti said…
The first day of a cut is always the worst for me. It usually takes a week for my hair to come out of shock. And this was going to the same person for almost 20 years.

***CV
vi said…
I hope you get your hair to where you like it dear....
and do find somewhere else to go
you don't need this

vi