Grading grading grading

I'm in the midst of grading 120 papers. Oh fun.

The kiddos had their choice of three different articles to review and comment on (they had very specific instructions based on everything we covered in class this term). The articles dealt with ads before movies, rock bands selling out to advertisers, and virtual product placement (when an image of a product is digitally inserted in content). Some of the students wrote very insightful papers. Good for them!

And I've also had a number of papers that included such insights such as this: "if movie theaters continue to run ads before movies, it is possible that people will start watching movies somewhere where ads can't touch them: at home."

Be afraid, be very afraid. This is someone who will soon be part of the 'real world'.

Anyway...bits and pieces of knitting here and there. Nothing to show. I've also found that the more grading I have, the more projects I want to start on. It's an illness, I tell you.

Comments

Leanne said…
Eh....the real world slaps them around soon enough. You should see some of the people applying to replace me. If you can't spell check your resume, please don't bother.
Teyani said…
Rolling on the floor, laughing LOUDLY here-- thank you for this laugh today, Kim!
I think if I had to read (and grade) papers like that, I'd be taking many knitterly breaks.. and the question of the hour is, whatever did YOU say on that student's paper?? :-)