Monday Monday


lagoon sock
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Nothing this weekend could equal the excitement of finishing the Shrug, so this post wil be a bit of a letdown. We did have a nice weekend...a few good walks with the dogs, lots of knitting, hanging out and watching the Oscars last night...although I'm still searching for a good book to read (ideas welcome).

I taped the new Lily Chin show, Stitchcraft, and I'll comment on that later.

But anyway...finished a sock for Tim out of the medium weight Socks that Rock in Lagoon.

It turned out nicely...little pooly, but mostly stripey in a nice way.


miles of mandarin
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I try to work on the Mandarin Blouse a bit every day...I think there are something like 180 stitches on the needle being knit in a rib pattern. It's a front-button blouse knit in one piece, so I'm more than halfway done, and hopefully when I divide for the front and the back the progress will be a bit more apparent.

Comments

Alyssa said…
Not sure if you've read it, but Bel Canto by Ann Patchett was just wonderful. I also highly recommend The Time Traveler's Wife (Niffenegger), Kite Runner (Hosseini), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (Haddon), and Never Let Me Go (Ishiguro). Oh, and anything Vonnegut ever wrote:)
Kim said…
Just started reading your blog. I'm Kim in Morro Bay, CA. I also sometimes knit.... I just finished Thread of Grace, by Maria Doria Russell. It was very absorbing, and I highly recommend it!