Spring-ing

Even though it is grey and wet, hints of Spring are in the air. I've been waking up at 4:30 for the past few mornings and when I start to drift back, around 5:30, the birds start singing. It's lovely...a wonderful reminder of things to come.

The animals are getting frisky, which I can only blame on the sun coming up early and the scent of something n the air. Already this morning Cody has carried the bag of rabbit hay throughout the house before I realized he was doing it, and Shasta is collecting all the dog bones into a pile that is her's and her's alone.

And the knitting? I started on an afghan square that is an adaptation of one in the GAAA book (the spider one, without the spider, so an xo cable with a lovely leaf pattern in the center of the square). But mostly, I'm working on endless ribbing withthe Mandarin blouse. When the piece gets to 15" I get to divide for front and back. Right now I'm at 13 inches. Getting there.

Hope it is getting spring-y where you are!

Comments