Birthday!

Today is my birthday! Happy Birthday to me!

We've been celebrating for much of the beautiful spring weekend here. OK, so pulling weeds for several hours yesterday isn't celebrating. However, we went out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants: Cafe Soriah. Delicious! This morning Tim made breakfast and I opened his present to me: tickets to Richard Thompson, probably my favorite singer in the universe! He'll be in Eugene a week from Tuesday doing "1000 Years of Popular Music."

In fact, I first noticed his concert two days ago, in the newspaper. I said to Tim, "Richard Thompson is going to be here on May 9." Tim said "Oh?". And then I said "he's doing 1000 years of popular music" (which Tim isn't that crazy about) and Tim said "oh" in sort of a not-interested voice. At first I was a bit annoyed because, well, Richard Thompson! But I convinced myself that Tim didn't really like that music, and so I should just get over it. But it was very unusual behavior for Tim. So I was very surprised when I saw the tickets this morning!

I also received some beautiful flowers from my Aunt, and some pretty silver earrings from my Mom.

I like birthdays.

Comments

Alyssa said…
Happy Birthday!
Donna said…
Happy birthday. It sounds like a great day.
Kelli said…
Happy Birthday to you! Have a blast at the Richard Thompson concert.
JoanM said…
Hope you have a Happy Birthday and enjoy the concert.
Leanne said…
Happy Birthday!!
Rose said…
Happy Birthday!!!
Bonnie said…
Feliz cumpleanos!
Jodie said…
Oooo... I love Cafe Soriah! Actually the photography that's hanging up there right now is by a friend of mine. If you were in the main dinning room he has this giant print of dancers in a pentagon shape.

Happy Birthday!
Nik said…
Hope you had a good time at the show. It was excellent!

Popular Posts