Say Buh-Bye


tank
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Because the tank is going to the frog pond.

I have never, ever, frogged an entire project before. That doesn't mean there's nothing that deserved frogging, but whatever. But this tank. Not working for me. It is knit out of Mission Falls cotton, which has sort of misbehaved for me in the past. And to be honest. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to gauge. So it shouldn't surprise me that this ended up WAY too long and NOT QUITE big enough around.

Oh well.

The good news is...while cleaning up my knitting magazines I found a Mission Falls pattern book, and I have enough yarn to make a tank in pink and a shrug in this purple. They look good together (bright, especially for me, but good). And I figure if I'm using an 'official' Mission Falls pattern I can't screw it up that much.

Right?

Comments

Larjmarj said…
Be brave my friend...at least you found an alternative use for the yarn. I have frogged entirely finished stuff before. Sometimes ya just gotta do it. Marj
sis-in-law said…
I actually avoid 100% cotton yarns for the reason that you have to pay very close attention to gauge throughout the project. It just is not very forgiving. ...and what's wrong with frogging whole projects?

Popular Posts