Spring? Not!

We (Tim, dogs and I) spent a weekend on the coast with our friends Steve, Jen, Evan and Gauss . You'd think by mid-April the weather would be balmy. Ok. Maybe semi-pleasant. Ok. Not horrendous.

But horrendous is pretty much what we got.

Huge waves (pretty, but not dog friendly). Lots of rain. Bob Dylan-inspired hard rain. Wake us from our cozy sleeps because it sounds like the roof is going to blow off rain.

But hey, it's the coast. You sort of expect that. But not sleet. Sleet that accumulated about 1/2 an inch along the roadsides on which we were driving on Saturday. Sleet that came in through the car window cracked for the dogs, causing Cody to try to crawl into the front seat with us.

I'm sure you're thinking "oh, Kim must have knit a lot. A LOT." But not really. Quite a bit on the back of my sunrise circle jacket, and a bit on the Cedar Creek socks (which I had to frog. I spaced on what a right twist was. Seriously). We did a lot of hanging out and talking, playing games, looking at Evan, and I read "The Last Templar". So a good weekend.

Anyway, back to more knitting tomorrow.

Comments

Emma said…
Your weekend sounds great to me. I love cold, rainy weather. it's been blasting hot here in Oklahoma with NO rain. Good luck with your projects!
Bonnie said…
I love going to the Oregon coast, especially when its rainy. And I always eat a boel of ciopinno at Moe's. Yum!