Sun-sational Saturday


stella and yarn
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Yes! It really is spring! We had our first beautiful weekend day yesterday, and Tim and I made an effort to carpe the diem as much as we could.

We began with yard work that was more than necessary, but managed to get the yarn in not-embarassing shape. Then we rode our bikes to the Eugene City Brewery for lunch, then stopped by Eugene's Saturday Market. It was only the second weekend for the Market this season, and it was packed! One fo the most exciting things for me was that Freshwater Fibers was selling at the market. I bought 200 yards of this pretty cotton/hemp blend, that I think I'll make into a little summer bag. Any pattern suggestions?

We rode back home and did some more work around the house (actually, Tim worked, I finished my Cedar Creek Socks and read the book "Turning Angel".). Last night we watched "Memoirs of a Geisha" on DVD which was good but not as good as the book (of course). All in all, a beautiful day.

Comments

Ling said…
Don't you just love spring! A little bit of sun makes a world of difference. Lovely yarn you got there!

PS - you are most welcome for the Kid silk Haze. I'm sure there'll be some pretty lacework.
Irie said…
Sounds like a great day!

Check out the French Market Bag in Folk Bags. I made one, it is perfect for trips to the Saturday Market!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2976/951/1600/20060102_frenchmktbag.jpg
Jodie said…
Oooo! Saturday Market yarn? That's too exciting! I'm going to have to go check it out now.
Bonnie said…
I adore the Saturday market! I somehow lost my t-shirt from there in the move. Boo hoo.

I can't believe there was yarn there for sale. What a find!

Popular Posts