Why I Love Fiber People


big box o'fiber fun
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Reason 1: They send you things in the mail.

This is a big box of fiber fun from Freddi at the Alpacas of DunDor Woods , a ranch she runs with her husband. These are seconds and thirds from a shearing, and while not the softest part of the Alpaca, they'll be great for felting and maybe blending during spinning.

Freddi offered these for free to people at KR...only asking for people to pay shipping. How generous! She's also a blast to communicate with. Thanks Freddi!


kidsilk haze
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Cody loves these two balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze,and so do I. They are from Ling, who was in the Blackberry Knit Along and recently bought a few books from my Book Destash (which is still going on, if you see something you like let me know). The color is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, sort of a muted turquoise. Ling evidently has much higher regard for my lace skills than I. But thanks Ling!

Comments

Bonnie said…
I thought the fiber was Paris Hilton's latest extensions! ;-)

Yum, kidsilk haze.....
Rose said…
Now that's a box I would love to have on my doorstep. Fiber people are so cool.