It's Like Food Eaten Standing Up


sock yarn
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
In that sock yarn doesn't count as part of your stash.

Or so they tell me.

Anyway....this opal handpainted was on sale at The Knit Shop in Eugene, so when I was picking out the yarn for my Green Gables (which I'm ready to begin) I picked this up too.

It's pretty. And you always need more sock yarn.

Anyway..the reason I can start is that I've finished knitting on the Sunrise Circle Jacket! All it needs (ha HA, all it needs) is finishing. And hopefully I can do that this weekend.

I've been laid out with a flu bug that is going around the University, so not much knitting has been done. But I'mhappy about the SCJ.

Comments

Alyssa said…
Ooooh, pretty:)Oh and regarding the sizing of Green Gable I think you probably want to do the large size. My chest measurement is around 39 inches and once that lace panel opens up with blocking, the XL is just too big. I also recommend you add a little waist shaping. I did 8 pairs of decreases every 4th row a few inches past the start of the body, then knit straight for a couple inches. After that I increased back up 4 times or so. It looked nice...just too big!
Donna said…
OK, the sock yarn theory is a new one on me. (Though I'm very familiar with the calories don't count if you eat it with diet coke theory.) I've got to say I love this and I'm sticking to it from now on!
Bonnie said…
OMG!!! That color is so gorgeous. I need to beg my MIL to pick me up some gorgeous sock yarn in Eugene. I am dying to whip up a pair but have no sock yarn.
Ling said…
The sock yarh looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see your completed SCJ. I still need to start mine. Hope you are feeling better from your flu.

Popular Posts