On the Jaywalker Bandwagon


jaywalker #1
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I'm not one to jump on knitting trends (I mean, I did the clapotis about 2 years after it came out). But I like this pattern, the Jaywalker , which seems to be one of the socks of the moment (the other one being the Unpronouncable socks from Knitty. Anyway, I finished the first Jaywalker for Tim, and would start on #2 except I"m enchanged with the new STR pattern from the Rockin' Socks club. It uses a great spring colored yarn and linen stitch, which I really like. Pics soon. I'm also making the 'lots of choices' top from Sally Melville's book...no seaming, just buttons up the front AND the back. Knit in two big pieces. I'm almost done with the first.

There's a lot of things I want to start, and with my new top-down powers I'm really excited about it. I also want to return to my lace in progress and to my aran quilt, which I've been working on for, oh, 18 months now. That's what summer is for, I guess.

But let me ask you guys: I have about 800 yards in this beautiful Fleece Artist blue leicester...spring/summer pastels...do you think a short sleeve sweater (top down)? I think I'm getting a bit shawled out.

The sun is finally out after two drenching cold miserable days. We went out to our friend Koranda's house in the country (Dexter, for those who know our area) for a barbque yesterday, it was miserable. I wore a turtleneck and a wool sweater, that should tell you how fun it was.

We've had a good time hanging out and relaxing...we really needed a three day weekend!

Comments