Almost there...


purple sock yarn
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
...in that this is *almost* sock yarn. I spun this from Crown Mountain Farms superwash roving, and while the singles are pretty good, the actual plying could have been a bit firmer I think. Anyway. This will make a pair of hiking socks (yes, I'd wear purple hiking socks) and I have enough left over to try to spin 'real' sock yarn. Wish me luck.

The knitting part of the Lotus Blossom Tank is done, I need to seam the two 3.5 inch seams and then see how it looks. I think it is a bit short and wide but I'm not sure. Picks when I get those seams done (so don't hold your breath is what I'm sayin').

Comments

Jodie said…
It's beautiful! I hope I can see this in person sometime. I would wear purple hiking socks too.
Theresa said…
I don't think the yarn looks bad, but maybe you just haven't put enough twist into the plying? I know that I have a tendency to want to underply myself. It will definitely make pretty boot socks.

Popular Posts