Arizona


sedonayarn
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I'm back from the visit with family in Flagstaff. It was unusually warm for Flagstaff while I was there: highs in the 90s in Flag and in the 100s in Sedona, which was the talk of everyone anywhere we went. I got to see my brother's new house which is just lovely, and spent some quality time with my nephew. We spent Saturday at Wapatki National Monument and Sunset Crater, both pretty places and so different from Green Oregon.

We went to Sedona on Friday specifically to visit Red Rock Knits . I had read some good reviews of the shop online and wanted to see if they stocked some Sedona-only yarn. Yes, indeed, they do. It is a small shop that seemed pretty much depleted (it is the end of the summer tourist season in Sedona about now) but I found some beautiful handpainted yarn by someone named Mary Gavan (I can't find any info about her online, so if you know anything about her let me know). On the left is about 500 yards of rayon/cotton in a colorway called "Sharhazade", all blues and purples. On the right is 8 ounces/150 yards of 100% wool in a "panda' colorway. This just begs to be felted, don't you think?

I did get a bit of knitting done, and am almost through the first rpm socks from knitty.com. I did bend my size 0 addi which was annoying, but bent it back to workable shape. Pics soon.

Comments

Alyssa said…
Ooh pretty yarn. Can't wait to see your RPM sock. I'm going to knit them soon too. It's such a cute pattern.
Jodie said…
Glad to see your back. Let me know if you want to get together sometime. :)
Bonnie said…
Ohhhhh. I love Sedona. Hope you enjoyed it.

I am coming to your neck of the woods for Labor Day. I can't wait to see Eugene again.