Inspiration


mdkcover.jpg
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Have you seen this book?

It is quite the book. It has stories, patterns, tips, hints...but it is really about finding your own knitting 'voice'...discovering for yourself how creative you can be with your knitting. I keep finding more little gems as I read it. It is really inspiring me.

In fact, I'm inspired to begin a 'log cabin' blanket out of leftover sock yarn. Now, you know I love me a knit sock, so I have lots of sock yarn left over. But probably not enough for a blanket. So...if you have some bits and bobs and leftover sock yarn that you want to send to me, I'd love to have it. I'll reimburse you for postage and will send you some stitch markers as a little thank you gift.

Leave me a comment or send me an email at kbshee AT comcast DOT net and I'll send you my mail address. Thanks so much!

In other inspiration news: the Yarn Harlot is going to be in Eugene in September. And her visit happens to coincide with the visit of Bonnie from Costa Rica so we'll have a little knitting moment together at the reading. So cool!

Comments

Jenni said…
I have some. My email address is jenknitter at gmail dot com
Kelli said…
I'll add your book recommendation to my ever-growing list. As a brand new knitter, I have a lot to learn but that's no reason NOT to find my own knitting "voice." Right? Haven't tackled a sock yet so can't help you in that regard - but I can't wait to see your blanket as you get started.

Popular Posts