Happy Blogiversary to Me!

Today is my two year blogiversary. This morning, I went back and read my posts from August of 2004. Things have changed at Kim Knits, and mostly for the better (imho). This reflects not only my improved knitting skills (I had only been knitting for about six months when I started blogging) as well as my comfort level with blogging.

To state the obvious, people have all kinds of reasons for blogging. I started blogging as simply a way to track my knitting progress. And now I find that it has connected me with knitters all over the world (hi Ling! hi Bonnie!) and knitters in my backyard (hi Jodie! hi Sheila!). We're all so different, with so many pulls on our time and our energy, yet we all have this crazy knitting thing in common that transcends all the crazy differences and brings us together. That's pretty cool.

I've always been very conscious of the difference between my 'public' self and the 'private' self. I'm not a huge fan of blogs that don't recognize this difference (not that there are that many out there). I always feel weird when I complain or bitch or gripe about something...since I know that I am incredibly lucky to have the life I have and that every day is a gift. I'm going to try to remember that in my non blogging life too!

So here we go: year 3 of my blog. Thanks for reading it, and for being part of my knitting world.

Comments

Alyssa said…
Happy Blogiversary! May you have many more happy knitting and blogging years to come:)
Dipsy D. said…
Happy Blogiversary! I love reading yours and hope you'll continue writing - and knitting ;) - for a long, long time!
jenknits said…
Happy blogiversary! And many more...