Ho Ho Ho


m-d warshcloth
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I decided earlier this week that my knitted Christmas gifts for family would be Mason-Dixon knitted warshcloths made with Cotton Chennille. And probably some soap (that would be the gift, knot the contents of the warshcloth). So I dug out some Crystal Palace CC and tried a warshcloth and even though CPCC is NOT easy to work with, it makes a nice little giftie that can be worked up in a short period of time.

I don't have a big family, but I have a bunch of sisters in law, a mother, an aunt, and a mother in law and I like to make little somethings for them (not all of them, Candace-if-you're-reading-this...something nicer than a warshcloth for you). This pattern is fun and just a bit complex, which is good since it is likely I'll be working on these on a couple of long flights coming up (if I can get my denise needles on board, that is).

And I feel like I've made a tiny little dent in the Christmas gift planning for this year, which is something.

Lady E is more than halfway done!

Comments

Bonnie said…
You are ahead on your knitting. When was the last time you can remember being ahead on knitting. It is amazing and a feat to be proud of.
Donna said…
Oh no, it's time for Christmas knitting alreay. You're smart to get started now. I think the wash cloths will make a great gift.
Jessica said…
That looks fantastic! I can hardly wait to get my hands on the M-D book. I am asking for it for Christmas.

Way to go getting started on Christmas pressies! i just started as well and I have a sinking feeling I won't make it!