One-fifth done


lady e #2
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Here is Lady E, two skeins down and eight more to go. So far she's about 13 inches long...she needs to gain a bit in blocking to have it be 70" at the end, but that will probably happen.

I didn't check the dye lots, but I think I ahve two different ones in the skeins that I purchased (from someone on ebay). One of the brown squares made from skein 2 is definitely more greeny brown than the squares made from skein 1. Luckily it all looks pretty good together so i'm not going to worry about it too much. I really am enjohing this...and wondering if it will be done before we leave on vacation in two weeks? We'll see (probably not, but you never know).

Today we went to the Scandanavian Festival in Junction City, a little town of 5000 about a dozen miles North of Eugene. It was a pretty typical street fair with vendors, food, entertainment, but with a scandanavian theme (surprised?). Therefore, the rib and chicken booths are named 'rib and chicken' in both english and in some scandanivian language that uses the 'o's with the slashes through them. The universal Funnel Cake was there too. The vendors all have to wear scandanavian dress, and most of the little kids dress up too. It is a nice change from the tie-dye and dreadlock atmosphere of most Eugene street fairs.

Comments

Alyssa said…
The Lady E is looking very pretty.

Oh, I forgot to suggest (possibly again) that the Sparrow by Russell(?) is very good...my husband is cruising through the Prestige right now. Now I'll have to read it too (if I ever make a dent in Norrell and Strange) :)
Bonine said…
Lady E is looking good! I have always wanted to go to the Scandinvian Festival. And now that I know there are funnel cakes too, I feel like I MUST go!

My stepdad is Norwegian so I could always throw my own festival. He brought back tons of goodies from his last trip to Norway inlcuding fishballs. Yup, I said fishballs.