Home!

The trip was unbelievable, simply unbelieveable.

And to answer the burning question: the Juneau yarn purchase was the only yarn available on the trip, although I did try to talk someone out of some beautiful mountain goat fleece in Sitka.

I almost finished a pair of socks.

The camera got drenched during a rainy sea kayaking expedition, so pics will be a bit slow.

I was 30 feet from a humpback whale. It dove under the raft I was in.

The blue of glaciers is the blue of cotton ease 'popsicle blue'. Seriously.

I flew in a helicopter.

And I'm still swaying from the boat.

More soon.

Comments

Alyssa said…
Welcome home! Sounds like a wonderful trip. I can't imagine being that close to a whale. That's amazing:)
Lori said…
Welcome home! Isn't Alaska amazing?! I was born there! I have some of that cotton ease in "posicle blue" and only a knitter would think of that when looking at an iceberg!

I'll see you at the Harlot on Thursday and I'm bringing your yarn!