I Smell a Christmas Gift!


placemats
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
It has been a frazzled couple of days for me and I apologize for not delighting you with my amusing and entertaining posts (ha HA!).

Looky! Christmas gifts! Or gift, singular. These are placemats for my Mom. I have been stashing Paton's 'bella' yarn, a super bulky yarn, for an afghan for my mom but have recently come to the conclusion that a. she won't like an afghan and b. I don't want to make her an afghan. So I used three colors of the yarn to make her a set of placemats (she lives alone and doesn't even have a dining room table, so two is all she needs). I designed these myself: it's linen stitc alternating a different color for every yarn. The pattern is different on either size...woven on one side (left hand placemat) and sort of honeycombed on the other (right hand placemat). And these went lickety split due to the super bulky nature of the yarn (yet...the placemats themselves don't feel bulky. Magic).

I like them, and might make some for us (but NOT with this yarn in these fally colors. Mom lives in Arizona and this sort of describes her color scheme).

Comments

Carol said…
Nice! Cool how a bulky yarn doesn't create a bulky fabric with this. That's good to know! Thanks for sharing...
Sean Carter said…
Thats a nice gift !! I'm sure ur mom would really like it!! For some more cool stuff u can peep into my Holiday Blog.....