In which I look Father Christmas in the eye and say..


ho ho ho a gift
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
HA!

Yes, another Christmas gift is completed. This is for my MIL...who has mentioned several times over the past few weeks how much she likes the felted oven mitt that I made for her last Christmas. So I took this as a hint, and decided to knit her another set for this Christmas. Trust me, she enjoys a practical gift.

Tim suggested Christmas colors, so I searched through the stash and found some Top of the Lamb from my early knitting days. It is sport weight, and I had a couple colors of red and a couple colors of green, which makes sort of rustic/textured/hiking sock type colors. These should felt up into some really pretty kitchen things. So, another one down.

The other day, Tim strung beads onto wire for me to try to knit some votive candle holders, so I'll be trying that soon too.

And for those of you who are anxiously tracking my progress of "Seasons of Mist and Mellow Fruitfullness"...a lace shawl I started, oh, when I was six....it is ripped. R.I.P. I cleaned out my knitting basket and found that half of it....including the half with the row counter...was off the needles. And the row counter was gone. I took this as a sign from above that I am meant for better lace things. And I do have a few things in mind. We'll see. I want to start Rogue tomorrow (yes, I'm a bit behind the knitting curve) and am trying to keep myself to one big and a couple small projects at a time.

Comments

Jodie said…
I haven't made Rogue yet either, but really want to! I'm ignoring Christmas knitting for now. I'm sure I'll pay for it later.

Popular Posts