Sock Schizophrenia


central air
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
The yarn says fall, the pattern says spring.

Oh well.

It's the "Central Air" pattern using the "Tatiana" yarn from the STR Rockin' Socks Club...the September Yarn (and no, I haven't used the July yarn yet, yikes). The yarn is a mix of some interesting fall colors, and the pattern is a great lace rib which I love.

Yes, you heard it hear folks, I love some lace. Even though it is like the easiest lace pattern ever invented.

Anyway. It's a delight to be knitting with STR after a brief break. I'm not totally in love with the colors, but they're growing on me as some of the STR colors tend to do.

Plus I'll enjoy putting this into the blanket. Cause it will go wtih everything.

Anyway. i'm reading a great book: "Across the Nightingale Floor" by Lian Hearn. I'm not sure where I found out about this book, it is the first one in a 4-book series that is sort of epic, sort of romantic, sort of mystical, and very well written. It remind me of that great Japanese movie that I can't think of the name now...you know, where people flew around a lot. Help me remember the name!

Comments

Alyssa said…
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?

My husband read the Hearn book and said it was very good. I finally started the Prestige yesterday and I think I'll finish it today!

I'm hoarding my Peaseblossom and Titania. Not sure when I'll knit them. I just love to admire them:) The October kit is going to be mailed out on the 27th!
Sachi said…
OK... I'm a bit confused with the STR stuff since I moved right in the middle of the last 2 shipments. Maybe you can help me sort it out. The Central Air pattern came with which yarn? And then the Peaceblossom... wait... was that the yarn or the pattern?

Oy. I need help.
Carol said…
Sock does look nice though! OMG I almost bought that same book for daughter Kate. There was another too-A (something) I forgot for His Pillow? Let me know how you like it. It's easier to resist non-knit stuff at book stores ya know. And I did leave with a copy of Scarf Style. ;)

Popular Posts