In Which I Make Up for Several Days with No Photos

...with several photos of stuff that makes me smile.

snow!
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
If you look closely, you can see the big snowflakes that fell yesterday morning in the Willamette valley. In the 8+ years we've lived here, it has snowed maybe 4 times...and always in January. So snow in November is really something. Of course, schools were closed and delayed and everyone was in a tither. My Boston friends would be appalled.


fleece artist sock
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I love Fleece Artist, almost as much as I love STR.

This is the first of a pair of socks for Tim. It's buddy is riding around in my purse, but it'll be done eventually. My other ongoing project (other than the fair isle sweater) is Cabernet Ribs in Black. Close your eyes. That's what a picture of that wip would look like.


love this cover
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
This catalogue came in the mail. I may have to make these for Christmas next year with dribs and drabs of yarn.


fair isle
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
The sleeves are set in, but there's still much to be done:

1. Crochet decorative edging around neckline and cuffs (crochet=ugh) (but it will look good if I do it right).
2. Sew fair isle front piece to rest of front
3. Seam sides and sleeves
4. Weave in 5,000 ends

And yes, I did note that my gauge is a bit different for the sleeve than the front piece. That's when my Good Friend Duplicate Stitch will come in handy.

Comments

Carol said…
That sweater is so beautiful! And nice socks too! If it snowed here, I think the whole state would shut down;)
Alyssa said…
Wow! That's some snow:)
I love the whole close your eyes to see what the black sweater would look like...I always try to photograph black, but you are right. It's rather futile.

So, did you pick up the Thirteenth Tale yet?