Marble Arches


marble arches
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I finished the Marble Arches...the last of this year's STR sock club yarns and patterns, I love the colors. I altered the pattern quite a bit because for some reason anything more than 50 stitches on a sock is wayyy to big for me...and I'm not a Small Person. I think I'm just a very, very loose knitter. So I did these socks with 48 stitches and that really wasn't enough to do the fancy schmancy heel that was in the pattern. So I just did the regular I-can-do-it-in-my-sleep heel and a stockinette foot with a star toe. Anyway...they look good. And I love me the STR.

It's our first not-busy weekend in quite a while, and we've been enjoying the peace and quiet. We watched "The Davinci Code" last night and it's like reading the book all over again. I like the book and liked the movie but that's about all to be said for it. I worked on the Fair Isle sleeve for the second half of the Duck's game (sad, sad game) and more fair isle sleeve is on the agenda for today.

Comments

Carol said…
They look terrific all knitted up! really nice color! Nice to get some quiet time once in a while :)