Contact Lens Update

I'm wearing lens #2 in my left eye and lens #3 in my right eye, and things look pretty good. I'm obsessively closing one eye then the other to see how the vision is, and while far distances are a bit on the soft side, everything else looks good. To increase the scrip to sharpen the far distance will mean I would always have to wear glasses for using the computer, so for now I'm going to stick with these contacts and see how it goes. If the far distance thing becomes an issue (for example, if I'm going to be doing a lot of driving up to Portland) then I can get glasses for distance for driving, but we'll see.

The good news for the future is that the brand of contacts that I'm trying is going to come out with progressive lenses within the next few months, so I'll be able to get a range of corrections from far distances to reading. Pretty cool, although crazy to consider. With these lenses, you have to replace them every six months so by the time I need a replacement the new ones may be available.

Knitting wise, I'm finishing Tim's Christmas gift, so no pics to show you!

Comments

Lori said…
I'm laughing at the image of you closing one eye at a time to check your vision!
Marlene said…
I tried to get the dr. to set me up with contact lenses for close-up and mid range and then glasses over top for movies, driving and the like. They said that is not possible, it can only be done the other way. (glasses for near, contacts for far). Seeing as everything I do involves close-up work I don't want to have to wear glasses that much. If it got to that I would just give up on the contacts completely.
kitkatknit said…
I've been trying the one for close and one for far combo for about 3 years now. And I keep complaining to my Dr that now I see crappy thru both! Well with my eyesite I can never see 20-20 anyway but geepers I'd like better. I knit best w/o glasses or contacts, just needles to nose.

Popular Posts