Holiday Meme

I found this at Concateknit's blog and while I'm usually not big on memes this one has enchanted me. Let me know if you do it too!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I love the idea of Egg Nog but the carton we get tends to curdle in the fridge and is thrown out in January. And I have to say a Peppermint Mocha is my idea of holiday heaven.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Not sure wht this question is asking: does Santa leave the presents for someone else to wrap? Heck no!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Ah. Those of you who read our LED saga know the answer to this one. Colored lights on both tree and house, although this year our tree lights are white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I did this year. We keep forgetting it is there 'tho.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
We don't have a particular ritual on this...our tree this year was up two weeks before Christmas but we've had times where it has gone up a few days before and once (I think...before we were married) we put it up when we got home. The rest of the decorations live in the ornament boxes, so nothing is done until tree.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Probably Christmas cookies and peppermint ice cream. We also have a tradition where I make an awesome stuffed beef tenderloin sometime over the holidays (this year it will Christmas eve, when Steve and Jen and Evan come over.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
There are two. One year (maybe when I was in sixth grade) I got a carom board which I thought was just the neatest thing in the world. Also...my german great-aunts used to make these great anise cookies in these antique anise cookie molds. They were the most delicious cookies I've ever had, and I've never found a recipe that duplicated them.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
No idea. I had an older brother so my guess is that I grew out of it one year.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
When we were kids we opened most of our gifts on Christmas eve (the story was it was a German tradition, I think it was more that my mom wanted to sleep later on Christmas day). Now Tim and I open one gift on Christmas eve.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?

They are a mix of ornaments made by Tim's mom, made by Tim as a boy, ones given to us by my Mom, and ones we've purchased together or that Tim gave me (our favorites). There are one or two that I've made too, and a few old ones from my family.


11. Snow! Love it or Dread?

Love it, since we almost never get it in Oregon.

12. Can you ice skate?
why yes, yes I can, thank you for asking.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

See carrom board, above (what a nerd I was).

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Spending time with Tim and all the beasties in our house.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

One time a friend brought over a Yule Log, and that was awesome.

16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Hmm. Probably that Tim and I make each other a gift every year.

17. What tops your tree?

It varies every year, but Tim's favorite thing is on top of the tree this year...a red and gold spire like thingee.

18. What is your favourite holiday book?

Little Women. "Christmas won't be Christmas without any Presents"

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"Oh Come, All Ye Faithful" for several reasons: I can sing the harmony on it, and I can also sing it in latin which makes me feel very smart. I also like "Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel" since it is so spooky and "The Holly and the Ivy" since it has lots of beasties in it (although given what I've written, I'd like it better if it was "Oh Come the Holly and the Ivy".

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?

In a mocha? Divine.

Comments

Carol said…
Thanks for sharing! I did this too. Hope you're having fun. I didn't know you don't get snow up there.
Carol said…
ooo snowman in July!
Anonymous said…
It snows in Oregon, but not often in Eugene or Portland.

Popular Posts